1/3 cup raisins, raw pepitas, chopped dried apricots, and chopped raw almonds
1. Heat oven to 350* Lightly coat 8"x8" baking dish with cooking spray
2. In large bowl, whisk flours, 1 cup of the oats, sugar, flaxseed, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In medium bowl sitr eggs, milk, oil, and almond extract until combined. Gently pour ino flour uxture. Fold in raisins, pepitas, apricots, and almonds. Pour in pan, sprinlle with remaining 2 Tbsp oats and bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30minutes. Remove fromoven; cool.
All breads can be served immediately or wrapped and stored up to 1 week
With the holidays comes overeating being able to use some stragies helps. If you are going out to eat ask for a take home box and when your food comes put half in the container for the next days lunch or dinner. This helps with the eat everything on your plate which we have been told since we were kids. The other is holiday dinner and parties. Here you should always eat before going to the event, this helps in over eating and consuming to many high calorie foods. When going to relatives home for dinner always take less you can go back for seconds later. This helps in over eating and being happier that you are not stuffed to the gills. Good luck and have great holidays.
I found this interesting when I was reading my Prevention book. Instead of just mindlessly eating and not really eating healthy try some of these tips.
1. Eat a Clementine instead of a cookie. The simple act of peeling a clementine can serve as a meditative moment, bringing you into the present and out of your busy head. Plus, the smell of citrus has actually been shown to be calming.
2. Pop your clothes in the Dryer. Wrap yourself in a robe right out of the dryer when you're feeling frazzled. Not only is it comfy and relaxing, but research also shows that we eat less when our body temp is a bit warmer.
3. Hack your lunch. To avoid mindlessly downing your lunch while responding to e-mails, eat with your nondominant hand. You're not used to it, so you're forced to be more mindful, which can help you eat as much as 30% less food.
4. Ditch your shoes at the door. Many of us are prone to stress eating when we get home from work. Try taking off your shoes and think...
Good morning everyone, in this blog I would like you for feel free to add reciepes and ask questions about food and how it can help change and improve our lives. How to change your favoriate reciepe to a healthier one without giving up the taste you have always loved. These are some ideas any others are welcome. Hope to see your posts soon.
This recipe is great it uses lentals (beans) and vegetables that could be grown in your own garden. While cutting calories and increasing metabolism. These types of meals can be put together in a flash and still stay on budget while being healthy.
For the Mushroom & Chickpea Stew recipe here itis. This isa stew that can be made in crockpot so when you get home dinner is ready. I have made this and it is awesome. It was created by DeliciouslyElla.
*3 boxes muchrooms which is about 30 or so
*3 cans chopped tomatoes
*2 cans chickpeas
*3 cups boilng water
*7 TB of tomto puree
*1.76 onces of coriander or a big handful or to taste
*2 lemons and 3 more for serving
*4 tsp. turmeric
*4tsp cumin powder
*3 tsp ground chilli
*3 cloves garlic
Peel carrots and chop into pieces, cut mushroom into thin slices.
Place garlic cruhed, turmeric, cumin, chilli, salt and pepper into lg sauce pan with 4 TB olive oil. Bring to its bubbling then add tomatoes, tomato puree and boiling water. Sir i...
This section we talk about how certain foods can help us stay healthy, de-stressed and balanced. Our life is busy and we can find our selves running and being very stressed. By adding these foods in to our diet they can help us become healthier in mind, body and spirit.
Always ask questions and all can respond to help one another achieve that calm and de-stress we are all looking for.